Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting ready for the new Batman film coming out this week? I don't normally get very excited about seeing a film, but this one looks to be a great take on the dark knight. I like the direction, in that it isn't a complete take off from the books, at least as far as the Joker is concerned. At first, I wasn't sold on the look for Mr.J. However, I know that being an artist, making something your own is the most important thing when you are adapting something. It makes it unique and sometimes better. After watching the 4 or so min long sneak peek, with Joker robbing a mob bank, I was hooked. The way that he is portrayed is much more disturbed than that of the prankster Nicholson brought to the table. I'll always enjoy Jack's version, and Cesar's as well. Both completely different, but great. I've been enjoying James Rolfe's reviews of Batman in film. His take is smart, funny and rings true. Swing by and watch them on Spike TV here. Feel free to share your fav and least fav Batman moments in cinema. I'd like to hear what you all think :)

Cheers,

Dan

14 comments:

Chris Houghton said...

Wow, great sketch! I love the "bat shadow" in the back. Wonderful!

Mark Froeschner said...

Well sir, needless to say you're quite an artist, where did you learn to draw?

Javier Burgos "Javas" said...

awesome work here Dan!

Andrew Murray said...

Very awesome sir,

& on the topic of Fav. Bat moments, I'd have to say The Dark Knight is the best film adaptation I've ever seen. And there is this episode from Batman:TAS where 3 kids tell stories about what Batman is like. One tells of the very campy Adam West Batman. And another says that Batman is like Frank Miller's Batman. A very cool moment in Batman-Mythos.

Mel Maduro said...

Very cool drawing, makes me wanna watch The Dark Knight ....again.

Jonathan Coit said...

Dan,
I loved your colour version of this image. i saw it on DA and it is really sweet. The Batman shillouette is a nice addition in the back too.
Also, I love Rolfe's AVGN character, I try and watch all of his new videos.

pablo pablo said...

Nice sketch , man!

Colin Jack said...

nice work dude

Oscar Rosales said...

WOW!!! Awesome stuff! I really enjoy your art work. Definitely will be back for more!!

Mukpuddy said...

Very very cool man! Really digging the last few posts!!

Jose Ramos said...

I like your work a lot Dan , you have a link from my blog .
See u man!

Alex Deligiannis said...

Awesome stuff, this is a great one, Dan!

Chris Thompson said...

dapper dan, i have to admit that your blog is one of the more inspirational ones out on the internet when it comes to personal taste. Your style is spot on and well, it's all super heroes, ghost busters, and indiana jones, what more could you really ask for?

Jose Ramos said...

I love Batman animated series .
.And i like your work too Dan

see u and visit my blog!